23 Jun Office Procedures Amid COVID-19
The Coronavirus has certainly affected many businesses within the Wilmington, NC area. Dental practices like ours are no exception. While our office has reopened after being closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and health of our patients, families and staff is our top priority. Given that, you will notice some changes throughout our office.
In line with guidance from OSHA, the CDC and the American Dental Association, our office will be following updated guidelines to provide dental care in the safest way possible for our patients and staff. The following changes will be implemented:
- Our office will call to confirm your appointment and ask you several COVID-19 screening questions. You will be asked these same questions on the day of your child’s appointment.
- Upon arrival to the office we ask that you stay in your car and call our office
(910) 794-2266. A staff member will come to your car and take your and your child’s temperature with a touchless forehead thermometer prior to receiving care.
- We ask that if at all possible, all parents/guardians remain in the car as we are trying to minimize the number of people in the office. If necessary, only one parent/guardian may enter the office with the patient. Please have any other family members or siblings wait outside or in your vehicle.
- Before you enter the office, we ask that you cover your nose and mouth with a mask.
- All of our staff and doctors will go through the same COVID-19 questionnaire and
temperature check upon arrival.
- Appointments have been scheduled to allow proper social distancing in the office.
- Our doctors and staff will be wearing extra protective gear such as gowns, masks and
face shields during appointments.
We are working to reschedule every appointment that was postponed during our office closure. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate this process. Can’t wait to see all of our patients- we have missed you! Thank you for your cooperation during these strange times. Feel free to call us at 910-794-2266 if you have any questions.